Statistically speaking, the latest hire you are raving about now won’t be around in 6 months. According to the Aberdeen Group, around 86 percent of senior executives and HR practitioners felt that a new hire’s decision to stay with a company is made sometime during the first 6 months on the job. Another study, conducted by BambooHR, indicated that 16-17 percent of new hires quit a new job between the first week and the third month of employment. Interestingly, most candidates leave jobs for common reasons, including:
- Failure to match the candidate’s skills and abilities to the tasks of the job they are assigned
- Lack of any structured onboarding program that leaves them feeling overwhelmed and directionless
- Constant breakdowns in resources, technology, and tools to perform work duties
- Below average salary and compensation offered with no incentives presented
- Poor management that goes from being pleasant and supportive to unavailable and demanding
- No learning or promotion opportunities presented to them; signaling another dead-end job
- Negative corporate cultures and people who make the job unbearable or unprofessional
Many of these failure factors can easily be avoided from the start. First, hire only carefully vetted candidates who are matched to the correct jobs. Then, establish a formal employee onboarding program that addresses all the upfront training, orientation, and cultural aspects of the company. Then, work with your management team to improve the experience for your new hires and existing employees. Create career paths that take new hires to higher levels within the first year depending on their performance, but with training and mentoring programs in place to ensure success.
If you need assistance in any of these areas, the experts at Staffing Service USA can support you with flexible resources that enable long term retention of your new hires. Get in touch with us today.
About Staffing Service USA
We are committed to customizing employment solutions for our customers and employees. Each unique partnership will encompass a quality relationship with respect to our core values. If you’re looking to hire new employees and expand your workforce, trust the experts, and contact Staffing Service USA.